ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: FTP problem in Ant 1.5.3
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:19:04 GMT
> This didn't solve my new problem though:
> [iftp] Error while connecting or logging into FTP Server.
>
> The vagueness of this message is very disappointing since it
> doesn't give me
> any clue as to what might be wrong.

If [1] is the right source of your distro there should be some output.
But maybe you´ll try running with -debug.

And try running the buildfile from command line, not from inside Eclipse.
So you´ll know whether there is the error.

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs
/optional/net/FTP.java?rev=1.21.2.8&only_with_tag=ANT_15_BRANCH&view=markup

> I noticed that iftp has appended a port number of 21 to the
> server name.
> That might might be a problem if port 21 is closed on that
> machine. Is there
> any way to override it with a different port number if that becomes
> necessary? I'll see the server administrator shortly to ask
> about the port
> number but knowing the right port number won't help if I
> don't know how to
> specify it in the iftp task ;-)

port 21 is the one for ftp. But you should be able to specify that
by the port-attribute (ok, Ant´s <ftp> has that - I don´t know the iFtp).

Jan