ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <scott.stirl...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: [javacreport] Generating compilation reports
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:22:27 GMT
> From: Roberto Juarez [mailto:rjuarez@omnilogic.es]
>
> I believe most of us know about the <junitreport> task, which
> is the counterpart of the <junit> task. I also believe that
> we all know about the <javac> task, but, does anyone know
> about a <javacreport> task? I think it would be great to have
> such a tool for generating compilation reports,

But who would consume a compilation report and why?  The enduring value of a compilation report
is even less than that of a JUnit report.

> [e]specially in
> multideveloper environments with people updloading code to a
> centralized server for centralized compilation.

I have visions of truckloads of source code statements, lined up and waiting to be dumped
into a giant chute, swirling, sucking loud machinery crunching it up and ejecting shiny blocks
of byte code at the other end.

How do they do things where you work?  Don't developers rebase/update/resync their view/workspace
and then compile stuff locally before checking in/delivering?  I'm not criticizing your suggestion
so much as pushing for more details about the development process that would make such a report
valuable.  Just curious (plus it's Friday, so what the hell).

Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.
may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.