ant-user mailing list archives

From Jack Woehr <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Setting property for all targets
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:48:27 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

> --- "Jacob, Anil - MWT" <Jacob.Anil@menlolog.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >  If I am using an target which gets user input which
> > in turn gets set as
> > a property(addproperty=${input value}), how can I
> > make sure this
> > property gets set for all targets. i.e emulating the
> > -Dproperty=value
> > command line option via the input task.
>
> Any property you set will be available to any other
> tasks called in the JVM "lifetime" of the same Ant
> Project... is that what you're asking?

No, this is the old "How do I return a value from a target to the global project" question
he's asking.
He's getting the property value in a target by querying the user to input a value and wants
to set
a project-wide property from the result. Ant-Contrib may be the answer.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "[F]ar in the empty sky a solitary esophagus slept
http://www.well.com/~jax #  upon motionless wing; everywhere brooded stillness,