ant-user mailing list archives

From Jack Woehr <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Fileset customized per customer?
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:00:27 GMT
"I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!?" - Curly Howard (Three Stooges)

I've got a bunch of generic files with in a directory. Customer subdirectories may contain
some, all, or no customer-specific versions
of the same files contained in the parent, e.g.:

     config/ --+

               +-- foo.conf

               +-- bar.conf

               +-- A/ --+   ( <== customer A)
               |        |
               |        +-- foo.conf

               +-- B/ --+ (  <== customer B)

                        +-- foo.conf

                        +-- bar.conf

I'd like to say:

     "Copy with filterset overwrite everything in the base config/ directory, but for each
file
     in the config/ dir, if there exists a file with the same name in config/${customer}/,
then
     use that file instead."

I've done this in a few cases by calculating the resultant pathnames into properties, but
the situation
is becoming global. Is there a generic answer to this sort of problem?

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "[F]ar in the empty sky a solitary esophagus slept
http://www.well.com/~jax #  upon motionless wing; everywhere brooded stillness,