ant-user mailing list archives

From Johan Vromans CPWR <johan.vrom...@nl.compuware.com>
Subject Re: Preset execution environment
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:05:01 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> In all honesty, float
> would probably be better-received by the community
> than pre-import, due to its accompanying possibility
> of unexpected results.  Actually, now that I think of
> it, float might be pretty useful for me personally.

I agree. At first I'd wanted to make it completely transparent, but with
the elimination of hard wired path names I think the explicit "import"
in the build files makes it clear and understandable what goes on.

Do you think a "float" attribute to "import" would be the best way (and
name)?

> still think I might remember a reason to want a
> pre-import as well.

Yes, I agree that pre-import is useful as well, for example

   ant --pre-import=$HOME/antimports/common.xml ...

-- Johan