ant-user mailing list archives

From Johan Vromans CPWR <johan.vrom...@nl.compuware.com>
Subject Re: Preset execution environment
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:33:08 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
>  Also, with all due respect I'm not sure
> how it addresses the original issue...

I have several large projects that are organized like this

    topdir1/
      common/
        common.xml
      proj1/
        settings.xml
        some/
          where/
            build.xml
      proj2/

    topdir2/
      common/
        common.xml
      proj1/
        settings.xml
        some/
          where/
            build.xml
      proj2/

Now I cd topdir1/proj1/some/where and execute ant. build.xml starts with
the floating import of settings.xml, so ant will traverse the file
hierarchy up to find the settings.xml in proj1/. From this file I can
import the equivalent of "../common/common.xml" for the common settings.

I can also execute ant -f topdir2/proj1/some/where/build.xml, and it
will find the right settings for this build -- in topdir2/proj1.

I hope this explains it a bit.

-- Johan