ant-user mailing list archives

From Johan Vromans CPWR <johan.vrom...@nl.compuware.com>
Subject Re: Preset execution environment
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:04:28 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> To elaborate, even a magic property would suffice...

I'm currently experimenting with an enhanced version of the import task.
I've added a boolean attribute "float" that, when enabled, will have the import
float upwards the root of the file system to find the file to be imported.
I've dubbed it "float" instead of "find" (like ant --find) since it maintains
the relative path instead of using only the base name, like --find does.

So, if you have a/b/c/d/build.xml, a floating import of "x/common.xml" will try
the following alternatives:

     a/b/c/d/x/common.xml
     a/b/c/x/common.xml
     a/b/x/common.xml
     ... and so on ...

Do you think this would be a useful enhancement?

-- Johan