ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Sql Task -- quote marks
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:33:09 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> When you run Ant with -v, you should see what Ant is trying to pass to
> your DBMS.  Any quoting problem should become obvious here.

Well, that's what I thought, but all it does is line-by-line echo the text, e.g.:

           [sql]         select @tmptablename = tablename from #temp_constrain where id =
@i
           [sql]         select @constraintname = constraintname from #temp_constrain where
id = @i
           [sql]     select @querystring = "alter table " +  @tmptablename + " drop constraint
" + @constraintname

.. which doesn't really tell me how successfully this is all being formatted in the JDBC call,
right?

I am looking at the SQLExec.java code as time permits. I have Googled the Web and found several
user sites
that indicate that peoples' experience with the Sql task in general has been rather ambivalent
:-) Perhaps
my "voyage of exploration" will result in some useful code patches!

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but