ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Sql Task -- quote marks
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:13:21 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Apr 2004, Jack Woehr <jax@purematrix.com> wrote:
>
> > This very apparently is not parsed correctly by the Sql task.
>
> Why?  What happens?

The line in a stored procedure definition

     select @querystring = "alter table " +  @tmptablename + " drop constraint " + @constraintname

results in the error

     com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Invalid column name ' drop constraint '.

This same line is accepted when piped directly into the Sybase ISQL interpreter.

It's possible it's a bug in the Sybase SQL driver which I can uncover with some coding but
it really
smells like quote parsing problems. Thanks for inquiring into this matter, Stefan.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but