ant-user mailing list archives

From Jack Woehr <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Copy task overwrite inserting 0x0d carriage return?
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:02:42 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

> Do you mean you want stuff in Unix format and it was
> being (accidentally) fixed for you before that way?

Yes, exactly.

> If you need to make this happen explicitly, just use
> <fixcrlf>.  Otherwise I still don't understand what
> you've got happening.

What was happening was that unbeknownst to us a programmer
had inserted a CRLF file in our source (using a Windoze testing
machine for on-the-fly coding) ... when we switched to 1.6.1 it
became apparent because it appears 1.5 was removing the CR
automagically.

All I need to know now is if I have correctly described a change
in Ant's behavior 1.5 -> 1.6 that should be documented, in which
case I'll submit a sentence in a diff.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "[F]ar in the empty sky a solitary esophagus slept
http://www.well.com/~jax #  upon motionless wing; everywhere brooded stillness,