ant-user mailing list archives

From Jack Woehr <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Copy task overwrite inserting 0x0d carriage return?
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 17:40:23 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

> --- Jack Woehr <jax@purematrix.com> wrote:
> > Switched to 1.6.1 on our project ... Copy with
> > overwrite now seems to be inserting carriage
> > returns:
> >
> >      0000000   #   !   /   b   i   n   /   b   a   s
> >   h  \r  \n
> >

> Can you provide more context?

Actually what appears to have happened is that Ant 1.5.x was *removing* CR's from files copied
with overwrite.
So a file that a $&*(ing Windoze machine had strewn with CR's was being *repaired* by
Ant until we switched
to 1.6.1. Problem solved in source tree. Have I described a change in Ant's behavior between
1.5 and 1.6 correctly?
If so, I should write some Manual text and submit it.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "[F]ar in the empty sky a solitary esophagus slept
http://www.well.com/~jax #  upon motionless wing; everywhere brooded stillness,