ant-user mailing list archives

From Jack Woehr <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Ant SQL Task can define stored procedure?
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:19:28 GMT
I am trying to use the Ant SQL task to replace a shell scripting solution but I get errors
on a stored procedure.
Is it possible to define stored procedures via Ant SQL?

     In the midst of a stored procedure definition ...

          select @querystring = "alter table " +  @tmptablename + " drop constraint " + @constraintname
          print @querystring
          exec(@querystring)

     Ant aborts with

          com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Invalid column name ' drop constraint '.

     This works piped to the Sql interpreter but not as part of a stored proc def via Ant
SQL / JDBC .... any tips?

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "[F]ar in the empty sky a solitary esophagus slept
http://www.well.com/~jax #  upon motionless wing; everywhere brooded stillness,