ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Resuming the build process
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:03:30 GMT
Normally this is accomplished by making each target
contain enough dependency analysis to avoid processing
any "source files" for which the "target files" are
up-to-date.  This way, all targets run, but don't do
anything unless they need to.  In some cases, you
might manufacture (touch) a target file if the
source-target paradigm doesn't quite fit what you are
trying to do.  But for the most part, in a build, you
start processing one or more files with the intent of
creating or updating one or more other files, right?

-Matt

--- "Stratton, Jason" <Jason.Stratton@us.ing.com>