ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Preset execution environment
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:22:42 GMT
--- Johan Vromans CPWR
<johan.vromans@nl.compuware.com> wrote:
> Matt Benson wrote:
> >  Also, with all due respect I'm not sure
> > how it addresses the original issue...

The original issue, as I am referring to it, was in
the first message on the thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=108126090126927&w=2
but I'll include it here:

"The new 1.6 'import' feature is great, but what I
would like is a way to have
ant automatically execute a predefined import. For
example:

   ant --pre-import=common.xml --buildfile build.xml
my-target

This would behave as if build.xml started like:

   <project ...>
     <import file="common.xml" />
"

I am undecided at the moment of whether this makes
sense... I thought I had a use for it, but I can't at
the moment remember what it was.  :)  I suspect most
would find it dangerous to some degree...

-Matt