ant-user mailing list archives

From Karl Stenerud <k...@webartjapan.com>
Subject Re: sql task encoding problem using sjis
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:58:33 GMT
2004 4月 14 水曜日 04:06、Ivan Ivanov さんは書きました:
> How does this postal information looks like? I cannot
> read it in my browser. One reason for failing is that
> SJIS might be unknown encoding for JVM. (By the way
> why it is upper case?)

The table looks like this:

CREATE TABLE PostalInformation (
  organizationCode int(11) default NULL,
  oldPostalCode int(11) default NULL,
  postalCode int(11) default NULL,
  prefectureYomi varchar(250) default NULL,
  cityYomi varchar(250) default NULL,
  choYomi varchar(250) default NULL,
  prefecture varchar(250) default NULL,
  city varchar(250) default NULL,
  cho mediumtext,
  hasMultiplePostalCodes int(11) default NULL,
  unknown int(11) default NULL,
  hasChoNumber int(11) default NULL,
  hasMultipleAddresses int(11) default NULL,
  addressIsUpdated int(11) default NULL,
  changeReason int(11) default NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;

The JVM understands sjis, and we use this encoding for all of our webapps.
SJIS and sjis both work the same for specifying encoding (and I tried them
both just in case =).

> You can also try with escapeprocessing and/or
> keepformat attribuites of <sql> task.

What's that?

> It may also fail if you have add a comment with this
> sign: #. MySQL accepts it as a comment, but Ant not
> (this was my case and I simply stripped off lines
> starting with #).

It's a dump from the mysql database, so it uses "--" for comments.
e.g.

--
-- Table structure for table 'PostalInformation'
--

> HTH Ivan
> P.S. Just in every case: did you ensure yourself your
> test/src/sql/initdb.sql runs correctly from mysql
> console:
> mysql> source test/src/sql/initdb.sql

Yes, it works fine when I use mysql directly.