ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: sql task encoding problem using sjis
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 06:56:56 GMT
> > You can also try with escapeprocessing and/or
> > keepformat attribuites of <sql> task.
>
> What's that?
They are described in Ant Manual[1].

Your problem astonished me since you have some rows
NOT inserted in the database and I had all my values
inserted but with wrong encoding (I am using mainly
the cyrillic encodings windows-1251/CP1251). The last
two things I can recommend you is to
1) remove or replace sjis letters with english letters
and see what happens
2) I often found useful to specify the jdbc connecting
string in this format:
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/somedb?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=windows-1251
or in your case try:
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/somedb?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=sjis
For more information see [2].

Sorry I am not able to give more clear advice.
Ivan

[1]http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/sql.html
[2]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector/j/en/index.html#id2801179