ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Preset execution environment
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:28:21 GMT
--- "Jack J. Woehr" <jax@purematrix.com> wrote:
> Matt Benson wrote:
>
> > I tend to agree that having a means of doing with
> > actual Ant buildfiles what we basically do using
> > environment variables such as ANT_OPTS and
> ANT_ARGS
> > might be nice for advanced users, if a little
> > dangerous for widespread use in environments with
> less
> > than optimal communication... anyone else have an
> > opinion on this?
>
> "ant.rc" ?

Actually, $HOME/.antrc, $HOME/.ant/ant.conf, and
/etc/ant.conf are all detected and sourced by the ant
shell script, and they can do a lot for you, but all
they can really do is set properties.  This is good,
but a facility to execute buildfile-based tasks, while
admittedly somewhat dangerous, would be helpful IMO.

-Matt