ant-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Reed <ree...@bitsmart.com>
Subject Re: XMLValidate Task. Schema and Property
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:44:21 GMT
Instead of using a catalog, I'm using the schemaLocation attribute in the top
level tag (i.e. xsi:schemaLocation="[namespace] [locationUri]")

Using this technique the XML file validates successfully in XMLSpy as well as
jEdit (which uses the Xerces parser).  Yet, if I use the ant XMLValidate task I
get the following error:

[xmlvalidate] .../navigationTopLevel.xml:4:156: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the
declaration of element 'navigationTopLevel'.

As far as I can tell, jEdit and Ant should be using the exact same Xerces
parser, so anyone know why I'm getting this error?

-jdr