ant-user mailing list archives

From "Roberto Juarez" <rjua...@omnilogic.es>
Subject RE: [javacreport] Generating compilation reports
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 07:07:52 GMT
I think centralized compilation reports are good for all teams. This is why: without a report
you have no idea of whether the source code at the repository (CVS, SourceSafe, ...) compiles.

report is even less than that of a JUnit report.

> > [e]specially in
> > multideveloper environments with people updloading code to a
> > centralized server for centralized compilation.
>
> I have visions of truckloads of source code statements, lined up and waiting to be dumped
into a giant chute, swirling, sucking loud machinery crunching it up and ejecting shiny blocks
of byte code at the other end.

> How do they do things where you work?  Don't developers rebase/update/resync their view/workspace
and then compile stuff locally before checking in/delivering?  I'm not criticizing your suggestion
so much as pushing for more details about the development process that would make such a report
valuable.  Just curious (plus it's Friday, so what the hell).