ant-user mailing list archives

From Andrew.W...@adidas.com.hk
Subject RE: How to write an build script so that the jar get updated ONLY whe n its .class is compiled (i.e. the java get changed)
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:57:29 GMT
So, if 1)all files in the jar is UP TO DATE &
       2)update="true"
The jar file will NOT be jar again, am I right ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 April, 2004 4:39 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to write an build script so that the jar get updated ONLY
whe n its .class is compiled (i.e. the java get changed)

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Andrew Wong <Andrew.Wong@adidas.com.hk> wrote:

> The update parameter controls what happens if the JAR file already
> exists.  When set to yes, the JAR file is updated with the files
> specified. When set to no (the default) the JAR file is overwritten.
>
> Then what is the differences between true & false ?

If a single entry inside the jar is out-of-date, <jar update="true"/>
will add/replace only this entry and keep all the others as they ar in
the original jar.  <jar update="false"/> will discard all content of
the existing archive and create a new one from the files you've
listed.

Stefan