ant-user mailing list archives

From "Todor Boev" <t_b...@prosyst.bg>
Subject When is unless/if checked?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:52:40 GMT
Hello all,
My question is when the unless/if conditions to execute a target are checked - only once at
the beginning of the build or just prior to target execution? Seems to me that ant goes with
the first option because the following:

<target name="condition_checker">
   <property name="condition" value="true"/>
</target>

<target name="conditional" depends="condition_checker" unless="${condition}">
  <echo message="Called with condition: ${condition}"/>
</target>

will output

[echo] Called with condition: true

which is somewhat unexpected because the "conditional" should not be executed when condition=true.

10x in advance for all replys.