ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Aston" <...@pigbite.com>
Subject RE: xmlvalidate task and external catalogs
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:45:49 GMT
Hi Stefan

>> ant-apache-resolver.jar is indeed an almost empty jar - only the
>> manifest

>This is bad.  You said you used an official binary release?

I *thought* I had so I thought let's go see what the ant-apache-resolver.jar
is like in the distro...

whereupon I found that it was the src release - many apologies - I had
completely forgotten I was using a version I had built myself!  Anyways,
plopping resover.jar in to the src lib folder and rebuilding means I now
have a copy of ant that finds the apache resolver lib....

[xmlvalidate] Using SAX2 reader org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
[xmlvalidate] Validating structure.xml...
Apache resolver library found, xml-commons resolver will be used
[xmlvalidate]
/D:/sandbox/realms/realmsSample/src/content/xml/sample/structure.xml:7:130:
cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'manifest'.
[xmlvalidate]
D:\sandbox\realms\realmsSample\src\content\xml\sample\structure.xml is not a
valid XML document
[xmlvalidate] 1 file(s) have been successfully validated.

Regardless, the xml file is not validating - is there anyway of getting some
kind of output to show if the catalogs being loaded and what substitutions
are taking place? -v does not give me anything on this.  To be fair, I know
there was a problem with xerces and it's namespace handling when presented
with an schemalocation attribute containing more than one namespace/system
id so it could be that but it would be nice to 100% sure the catalog is
being used.  Do I need to add some debug into the src?

Many apologies for the wild goose chase - I feel suitably stupid!

Regards

Jeremy