ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject FTP Problem followup
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 17:09:37 GMT
Just a quick note to thank you all for your help with my FTP/iftp problem the other day.

As it turned out, the reason I couldn't connect to the server was that it was blocking port
21. This port used to be open, back when the server was first established, about a year ago,
which is when I wrote a previous Ant script that could do FTP/iftp just fine. In the meantime,
however, the server administrator has installed Shorewall - the server is running Linux Mandrake
9.1 with msec at 4 - which blocks Port 21. The only way for me to send my jar files to the
server is via SSH File Transfer. Since that can't be integrated into an Ant script - correct
me if I'm wrong - I will just transfer my jars manually rather than doing it in the Ant script.
That's not a problem; there are only a few jar files to transfer.

I'd still like to see that message from iftp made a little more detailed though with some
kind of reason as to why the connection wasn't possible. That would make it a heck of a lot
easier for people testing Ant scripts to get a clue as to what's going on.

By the way, I've installed Ant 1.6.1 in Eclipse to bring myself up to date. It's not quite
working smoothly yet but I have some things to finish before I get back to that. I'll post
again when I have time to ask a clear question.

Thanks again for your help with my problem!

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"If you're getting something for nothing, you're not using your own credit card."