ant-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Lochart" <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Re: Installshield issues
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:19:18 GMT
I do not think its free but I could be wrong.  We are using the the
InstallShield compiler executable that came with InstallShield 7.  We
reverse engineered how the InstallShield UI was calling the compiler and
used that info to call it from ANT.

There is a lot more to it.  We had to build an Ant Task that created a .ipr
(InstallShield project) dynamically then we ran the IS compiler with a set
of rules (setup.rul) its the install shield instructions in VB.

Basically we got an InstallShield working with the InstallShield tool,
devised a parametrized way for creating different shields for different
projects then worked our way back to doing it from ant.

It was not as easy as just calling an executable.  But maybe that has
changed or we overlooked it.

Good Luck

DOug

Now I've gained some understanding