ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rainer Noack" <rai...@noacks.net>
Subject RE: Question about jar in Ant 1.6.1
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:36:55 GMT
Hi Rhino,
I'm running Ant in the exactly same environmentand I'm getting
the same warnings.
It seems, that they're indicating missing dependend jars for
optional tasks.
If you are not using these tasks, you can ignore the warnings.
If you are using them, maybe you'll find them helpful.
Regards,
Rainer

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhino [mailto:rhino1@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 10:26 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: Question about jar in Ant 1.6.1

I'm getting some unexpected messages in a jar task in Ant 1.6.1 on Windows
XP. I'm running Ant in Eclipse 2.1.3.

This is the relevant fragment of my output, created with -debug and -verbose
both turned on:
Create_Help_Jar:
Adding reference: eclipse.progress.monitor
[delete] Deleting: D:\eclipse\workspace\SDAC\jar\SDAC_Help.jar
Adding reference: eclipse.progress.monitor
Could not load a dependent class
(com/sun/media/jai/codec/FileSeekableStream) for type image
Could not load a dependent class (com/jcraft/jsch/UserInfo) for type sshexec
Could not load a dependent class (com/jcraft/jsch/UserInfo) for type scp
Could not load a dependent class (org/apache/commons/net/SocketClient) for
type rexec
Could not load class (org.apache.tools.ant.tasksdefs.cvslib.CvsVersion) for
type cvsversion
Could not load a dependent class (com/starbase/starteam/Item) for type
stlist
Could not load a dependent class (org/apache/commons/net/SocketClient) for
type telnet
Could not load a dependent class (org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTP) for type
ftp
Could not load a dependent class (jdepend/xmlui/JDepend) for type jdepend
Could not load a dependent class (junit/framework/TestListener) for type
junit
Could not load a dependent class (com/starbase/starteam/Item) for type
stcheckin
Could not load a dependent class (com/starbase/starteam/Item) for type
stcheckout
fileset: Setup scanner in dir D:\eclipse\workspace\SDAC\help with
patternSet{ includes: [SdacHelp.hs, SdacGlossary.xml, SdacHelpIndex.xml,
SdacHelpTOC.xml, SdacMap.jhm, sdac.css, sdachelp\**, sdachelp\common\**,
sdachelp\definitions\**, sdachelp\events\**, sdachelp\tips\**] excludes: []
}
As you can see, there a several messages about missing classes, none of
which I'm using in my program. Strangely enough, the jar task completes
successfully despite these messages. Also, although I have several other jar
tasks in the same Ant script, none of them reports these same messages and
all of them complete just fine.

Can anyone fill me in on why I'm getting these messages and what I need to
do to get rid of them?

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"If you're getting something for nothing, you're not using your own credit
card."