ant-user mailing list archives

From Marco Tedone <Marco.Ted...@amplefuture.com>
Subject re[2]: Generating XDoclet stuff only if changed
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:45:30 GMT
That would be fine, Erik, but how could I compare the source/target of files generated by XDoclet
in the ejbdoclet task?

Let's say I've got the following folder:

C:\dev\project\xdoclet-gen

under which I've got the interfaces and utility classes generated by XDoclet. How could I
use <uptodate> to compare the src already there and the being generated ones?

Marco

> On Mar 30, 2004, at 4:46 AM, Marco Tedone wrote:
> Hi, my boss would like to generate the XDoclet generated code for our
> EJBs only when the "eventually generated" code would be different from
> the "already generated" one, thus avoiding lost of time.
>
> Has anyone something to reccomend?

XDoclet itself does dependency quite well, although it still takes a
little time to process that.  When things are up-to-date it definitely
runs much faster.  But, to speed things up even more, you can use
<uptodate> to check source/target files, set a property, and then use
an if/unless clause on a target to bypass XDoclet generation.

   Erik

<

On Mar 30, 2004, at 4:46 AM, Marco Tedone wrote: > Hi, my boss would like to generate the
XDoclet generated code for our > EJBs only when the "eventually generated" code would be
different from > the "already generated" one, thus avoiding lost of time. > > Has
anyone something to reccomend? XDoclet itself does dependency quite well, although it still
takes a little time to process that. When things are up-to-date it definitely runs much faster.
But, to speed things up even more, you can use to check source/target files, set a property,