ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Rufer <>
Subject How to copy absolute paths
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:13:39 GMT

I've troubles doing the most simple copy command having an absolute path
to a source file. Of course the example below can be coded in a different
way, but: We have a property-file that contains a property like

Therefore we would like to copy the files included in this comma separated
list to a destination directory.

Any hint why the following snipplet does not work appreciated.

<project basedir="./" default="test" name="test">
  <target name="test">
    <mkdir dir="dest"/>
    <copy todir="dest" flatten="true">

      <fileset dir="/" includes="/tmp/src.file"/>

      <!-- as soon as the includes filelist contains files starting
           with root '/', the filelist seems to have no effect any more
           (tough ant shows the correct list of files in debug mode). -->

Stefan Rufer
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich    phone +41 1 247 79 92  fax +41 1 247 70 45

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message