ant-user mailing list archives

From ROUSSELIE David SIFAC <david.rousse...@francetelecom.com>
Subject ejbjar manifest case sensitive
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:34:23 GMT
I have to deploy ejb using ejbjar ant task under Windows and Linux.
First, under Windows there was no problem. But when I have test my
ant script under Linux, the ejbjar makes a new (empty) MANIFEST.MF
file over the one I wrote. I have looking for why there is a different
behavior from the execution on Windows. The result is that, in the
source code of the ejbjar task (src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ejb/GenericDeploymentTool.java)
there is a lower case string "manifest.mf". I tried to replace the
"MANIFEST.MF" by "manifest.mf" and it works.
My question is, why using lower case in source code ? All Manifest
files I have seen are upper case. It is not important under Windows
but on other platform with case sensitive file system, I can't use it.

David Rousselie