ant-user mailing list archives

From "Donald Strong" <dstr...@agentissoftware.com>
Subject Set a property is source files exist.
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 03:43:33 GMT
Hi all,

I want to set a property if a set of files is not empty.

I can get the set of files using a FileSet but how do I
then detect that the set is not empty?

    <fileset id="junit.test.source.id" dir="${junit.test.source.dir}">
        <include name="**/${junit.test.pattern}"/>
    </fileset>

I have tried setting a property in the hope that it worked like classpath
but to no avail.

    <property name="junit.test.source.list" refid="junit.test.source.id"/>
    <echo> Source directory   = ${junit.test.source.list}</echo>

[echo] Source directory   = org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet@9be79a

I have tried <uptodate> and <outofdate> but they only care whether the
target file is there. I don't have a target file. I have tried various
permutations with and without a dummy target file, but no dice.

Hit me with inspired suggestions, please!

Donald.