ant-user mailing list archives

From "Digambar, Shaligram (Consultant)" <Shaligram.Digam...@GTECH.COM>
Subject RE: How do you access environment variables ant build.xml files
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:06:36 GMT
Add following to the top of your build.xmk
<property environment="env"/>

Thanks,
Shaligram

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Murphy [mailto:EMurphy@betrusted.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 9:03 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: How do you access environment variables ant build.xml files

Hi,
I am using ant 1.6.1 and want to use environment variables in my build.xml
file to reference jarsigner.exe. I set my JAVA_HOME environment variable to
my downloaded jdk folder. I am using the following in my build.xml file to
reference the JAVA_HOME environment variable <property name="java"
value="${env.JAVA_HOME}"/> and the following to reference "java"
<exec dir="." executable="${sign}/bin/jarsigner.exe">

When I run my build.xml file I get an error

Execute failed: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess:
${env.JAVA_HOME}\bin\jarsigner.exe -

I thought I was doing everything correctly, can anyone advise on how to
reference environment variable in ant, thanks

Edward

recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email
is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.