ant-user mailing list archives

From "Graham Walsh" <graham_wals...@hotmail.com>
Subject visual studio c++ question
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:33:30 GMT

Hi all,

I have a general question about ant use with visual studio for c++. I hope
there's somebody out there that can answer my questions.

1) Is there a significant reduction in the build time for applications when
using ant under visual studio?  I've seen the benefits when building java
applications but am a little unsure about them wrt visual studio.

2) Are the adaptors for visual studio mature and relatively reliable in
terms of bugginess? i.e. are *lots* of real enterprise level applications
out there built over ant and vc++?

3) has microsoft embraced the ant movement for their development
environment? If not, why so? I would have thought it would have been
mutually beneficial for both organisations to embrace the technology if it
is so beneficial.

4) what are the pain points wrt ant and visual studio?

thanks much,

grahamO