ant-user mailing list archives

From John Lindwall <JLindw...@Xifin.com>
Subject Creating database scripts via ant
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:23:24 GMT
Our company maintains it's database definition via a  "master database" which is copied for
production and test uses.  I prefer  to have SQL (DDL) scripts that create and populate my
database for development  and testing.  What I do now is use a GUI tool called TOAD to create
SQL  files (from the master database) that create the database structure (table  structure,
functions, sequences, etc).

Whenever the master  database changes I need to manually run the GUI tool to regenerate the
 scripts.  Then I customize them a little to clean up some
items.  I'd  rather run an ant target that generates these files for me so I can automate
the  task.

Any  pointers?

Thanks!