ant-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Guidance on build.xml to build dev/test/live with no changes
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:54:45 GMT
> From: Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) [mailto:Rob.Anderson@nike.com]
> Actually, after reading your email again, I have some more
> suggestions. I would still recommend using separate instances
> of tomcat, but I would also suggest separating the "build"
> from the "deploy".

Separate Tomcat instances aren't an option-- there's only one production
web server, and I need to run live, test and development versions of
this webapp on it under different context names.  Actual development is
done on my desktop, there I could run multiple Tomcats, but that doesn't
really fix the problem.

Moving from test to live involves copying the entire source tree and
renaming the directory, then editing some text files, the .properties
file that says which database account to use, and build.xml to change
the context name.

It looks like to get away from the editing I'll run 'ant war-live' or
'ant war-test', etc.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.