ant-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject Guidance on build.xml to build dev/test/live with no changes
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:04:36 GMT

I'm trying to cut down on the amount of editing files before building a
live version of my project as opposed to a test or development version.
I learned how to use @token@ in files and then replace them from the
contents of a .properties file, so that solved most of it (location of
log files, for example).

The last thing I'm stuck on is that I have in build.xml:

   <property name="context" value="coltest" />

And it gets used for such things as:

  <target name="war" depends="clean,init,compile,props-war">
    <zip destfile="${dist}/${context}.war" compress="false">
      <zipfileset dir="webapp"     prefix=""/>
    </zip>
  </target>

Which in turn controls the name of the context in Tomcat and the URL you
use to access the web application once the .war file gets deployed

Do I just end up with three properties (context-test, context-dev,
context-live) and three matching 'war' targets?  Or is there a better
way?

Thanks,

--
Wendy Smoak