ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Suggestiosn for ANT-Java programming book
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:56:48 GMT
I agree with all the replies to your message.  Ant 1.6.1 adds lots of
new things that make "best practices" a bit different.  The main things
I have deprecated in what I do:

  	- use <macrodef> instead of <antcall>
	- leverage <import> instead of entity reference includes

All the build files from the book should still work.

It was, and still is, my hope that The Elements of Ant Style on the
wiki would evolve as Ant evolves:

	http://wiki.apache.org/ant/TheElementsOfAntStyle

So perhaps folks can start updating this document as new best practices
are fleshed out.

	Erik