ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gould, Troy (ELS)" <T.Go...@Elsevier.com>
Subject RE: Suggestiosn for ANT-Java programming book
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:14:08 GMT
That book is a good start for you to understand the directory structures for
J2EE applications.

Your IDE and the fact that you are building .war/.ear files will probably
play a large role on organizing your project structure.  However, you can
take a step further with another open-source "tool" called Maven.

Have a look at:
http://maven.apache.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Litwak [mailto:klitwak@apu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 1:23 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Suggestiosn for ANT-Java programming book

Having read the ANT manual, I'm looking for a book that actually tells
you how to create a web project directory structure, what actually goes
where, how to configure for specific app servers or web servers, and so
forth.  A friend suggested _Java Tools for Extreme Programming_.  Any
comments or other suggestions?  I'm used to tools that hide all this
stuff from you (similar to the Sun Java Reference Implementation).  I
need to become an expert at doing it manually like yesterday.  Thanks.

Ken