ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Litwak" <klit...@apu.edu>
Subject Basic setup question
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:19:01 GMT
   I installed ANT and simply wanted to verify that it was set up
correctly.  My PATH on Windows XP has essentially c:\ant\bin, and
ANT_HOME is c:\ant.  I tried just typing ant at the command line without
a build.xml file, just to see if ant could be found, but I always get
the message ANT_HOME cannot be located or is incorrectly set.  If I list
the environment for XP, there is an ANT_HOME, and I set it by copying
from Windows Explorer into the value for the user environment variable.
I'm sure it's correct, so why am I getting an error?  Thanks.

Duncan