ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject FW: Creating a project based on Ant
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:05:51 GMT
I think contributing additional features to Maven would be the best way.
- Maven is a well known project
- Maven has a big user base
- Maven has an existing infrastructure (cvs, mailinglists, wiki, ...)
- Maven has more developers
- Maven provides many off your features (like you said)
- Maven is well tested

So contributing would be the best way (I think). And if you want to
investigate more time to Maven - maybe with maintaining your own features -
maybe you´re invited to become a committer (like me and Ant :).

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi) ** CTR ** [mailto:rahamim@avaya.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 4:01 PM
To: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject: RE: Creating a project based on Ant

Thanks so much for this.
Well, actually I've already created a project and I've been working with
this tool for 2 years, but I wanted to rewrite it to be very generic and
that everybody could use it.
My project and Maven are alike in many ways... should I say damm? ;-)
But there are still more features in my project that are not implemented in
Maven.
I have to reconsider whether or not to rewrite my project.
Maybe contributing to Maven, to complete the features it lacks... ;-)
In any case, thanks very much!

Zvi