ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Java implementation selector
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:17:50 GMT
> I do have the source?  How can I use xdoclet to find the
> right classes?  Also,
> my experience with xdoclet is that it's very slow, even when
> it has nothing
> to do.  I think if I have to depend on xdoclet, I'd be better
> off just always
> doing the task in question....

If you´re using XDoclet for generation, it´s recommended to use it
together with Ant´s <uptodate> task. E.g. see "Java Development with Ant",
p276.

<target name="xdoclet.uptodate">
    <uptodate property="xdoclet.uptodate"
targetfile="${gen.dir}/xdoclet.tstamp">
        <srfile dir="${src.dir}"/>
    </uptodate>
</target>
<target name="xdoclet" depends="xdoclet.uptodate" unless="xdoclet.uptodate">
    <xdoclet/>
    <touch file="${gen.dir}/xdoclet.tstamp"/>
</target>

Back to your problem. Of course XDoclet needs a lot of time, because it must
create the internal information model. And that does not contain only object
hierarchy... But it´s available. But XDoclet works on the sources.

The other way would be to implement your own selector. Implementing the
selector
is not the difficult part :-) more difficult would be your check ...

Jan