ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Subant: can't override basedir in subproject
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:08:24 GMT
> From: Suzanne Kramer [mailto:meanmom@tmail.com]
>
> Hi,  I am building a project using subant, and need to set
> inheritall=true.  I can't override the  basedir in the sub-projects
> though.
>
> Here's a test snippet.   Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks,
> Suzanne.

Basedir is not a usual property that you can inherit.

I could be wrong, but <subant>, unlike <ant> doesn't
allow you to override the basedir of the project called,
which is a good thing IMHO.

The point of subant, at least as I designed it, was to delegate part of
the build's work to a sub-process that deals specifically with something
more localized than the overall builds. For example, my main builds
always delegate the building of native JNI libs to a sub-build.

I never ever declare absolute basedirs, and never override the basedir,
either with <ant> or <subant> (again, I'm not sure it's possible with
the latter). --DD