ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Suggestiosn for ANT-Java programming book
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:02:49 GMT
> From: Kenneth Litwak [mailto:klitwak@apu.edu]
>   I ordered your book yesterday, and now I have a question.  I
> downloaded Ant 1.6.1.  Does your comment mean that I won't be able to
> use the example sin the book to use 1.6.1?  Does 1.6.1 change the rules
> or only offer extensions?  Thanks.

The Ant team puts lots of effort, thoughts, and consideration into
staying backward compatible. The example should still work.

Please check the WHATSNEW file for the few incompatibilities introduced
(usually to fix quite incorrect former behavior) and report any
incompatibilities you run into.

Good luck, --DD