ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: if/unless/depends on macrodefs
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:17:26 GMT
> From: Stirling, Scott [mailto:scott.stirling@workscape.com]
> > From: David Corbin [mailto:dcorbin@users.sourceforge.net]
> > It would be really neat if I could use the if/unless on macrodefs.
>
> Yes.  I was thinking the same thing yesterday.  Peter
> Reilly's email looks exactly like how it should work from a
> user perspective.

Although I don't disagree (I code up if/unless/ifTrue
/unlessTrue/os/osFamily built-in conditions in all my custom
tasks, and many nested elements), why would macrodef support
if/unless globally, and not all tasks? Which was refused by
commiters, just because they don't see the value of it.

Some people also keep arguing than using <if> is better than
if/unless. I think otherwise. Nothing changes, so no if/unless.

This has been going on for months... --DD