ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lopez, William" <william.lo...@eds.com>
Subject RE: Ant Books
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:08:21 GMT
+1 'Java Development With Ant' by Manning...When I started using Ant this
book and this list got me up to speed. Also, the Ant manual (supplied with
the distro) is a good resource.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Fuller [mailto:jim.fuller@ruminate.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 9:17 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Ant Books

These are both good books, but  I consider the 'Java Development with Ant'
from Manning *the* authoritative book on the subject. I would recc.
Obtaining this book as it will serve as a reference long after you have
learned the basic concepts of Ant. Additionally the authors are active Ant
committers and spend great deals of times answering questions on the public
and dev Ant lists.

There are other books, such as 'Extreme Programming with Ant' by SAMS, which
if u don't mind a bit of prescriptive methodology is also a useful tome if
you want to get a 'big' picture of Ant usage via real world use cases,
though I wouldn't consider this for a newbie...not because of complicated
Ant usage; it's more because the book tries to knit together a lot of
concepts.

gl, Jim Fuller