ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <scott.stirl...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: log4j question...
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:43:53 GMT
> From: Markku Saarela [mailto:markku.saarela@entra.fi]
>
> >commandline:
> >
> >C:\ePASS4.1-WL61>ant  -listener
> org.apache.tools.ant.listener.Log4jListener
> >-Dlog4j.configura
> >tion=log4j.properties compile
> >

> I think that you should provide full path to properties file.
>
> -Dlog4j.configuration="c:\..\..\log4j.properties"
> tion=log4j.properties

I had troubles with this before.  Frankly, IMO, the log4J Ant logger isn't that useful unless
you're developing Ant or Ant tasks.  Anyway, I could only get it to work by using a file:///
URL as a value for the -Dlog4j.configuration, instead of regular file paths.

Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.