ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <scott.stirl...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: uptodate vs. outofdate and if/unless gotchas
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:12:47 GMT
> From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
[...]
> <outofdate> is indeed kinda like a condition

I think Ant's <uptodate> should work exactly like antcontrib's <outofdate> with
respect to handling target file(s) as a Path.  That's exactly what it felt like <uptodate>
should do.

> but its goal in life is dependency analysis of files. You
> don't get just/only a boolean out of it, but the actual list
> of targets that need rebuilding, or only the out-of-date
> source files, so you can process only those.

That's a good point.  I'll try to incorporate this usage into my build scripts in more places
from now on.  I only started using <outofdate> yesterday.

Thank you,
Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.