ant-user mailing list archives

From Keith Davidson <>
Subject Re: List of frequently found gotchas
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 02:19:06 GMT
At 11:50 PM 10/03/2004, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> > I haven't found anything in either the Manual, FAQ, or Wiki
> > regarding the <java> task will not list full details of Exceptions
> > unless you use fork="yes" within the <java ...> task.
>I haven't been aware of that either.  Sounds more like a bug than like
>something that should get documented with the task.  It should be
>mentioned in the FAQ under "known issues", though.

I disagree with this.  It should be put into the Manual as soon as
possible, and only removed when the bug is fixed.  Why put every new user
of the <java> task through the pain of having to discover the solution to
this bug via the process of Manual, use, disappointment, FAQ, Wiki, mail
list....  You could put it in the Manual with a note saying that future
releases will remove the need to fork.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message