ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (GNF, Contractor)" <Luis.Cone...@gnf.com>
Subject RE: Suggestions for ANT-Java programming book
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:05:52 GMT
Ken,

	It is not quite a difficult thing. You might use some good IDEs around there for free:

- JBuilder 9 (Personal Edition). I prefer it over JBuilder X (its license is just for 30 days
and then you're not able to use it anymore unless you pay for it). Good support on Java Components.
Lousy support on JSP / HTML edit. Its ANT support it is quite lousy, but if you use AntRunner
OpenTool[1] plug, it improves

- If you are using any MS OS, you can use GEL (http://www.gexperts.com). Good support for
both Java / JSP / HTML components. Plus it can integrate ANT easily (as almost any IDE out
there). Try to get the latest versions. It's constantly improving. Since it is native for
Win, it doesn't consume lots of memory as other IDEs.

- You can use NetBeans (I personally do not recommend it if you have < 256MB ram and a
huge disk where to swap a lot of info). As I recall, it provides a good support in web building.

My personal choice is to use JBuilder 9 (for beans and components) and Dreamweaver (for HTML
/JS /JSP).

	I have not much experience in Eclipse or jEdit, so, I cannot give an opinion about it.

	I wish you good luck on this challenge

	Luis

[1] http://antrunner.sourceforge.net