ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (GNF, Contractor)" <Luis.Cone...@gnf.com>
Subject RE: Looking for a tool to graphically represent an ant.xml
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:22:05 GMT
It is supposed grand can do this; however, I represented a couple of files one <import>ing
the other and the representation was quite correct. I'd like if the GRAND tool let me know
which ones are from one file and which ones are from the other. I am calling my targets using
<antcall> task.

I have a few targets on my master & common files; I still have to look if it is representing
the 'depends' attribute of <target> tag, but it seems to be right. Since I do not use
use <trycatch>), I do not know if this is being listed or how it would be done (if possible).

Hope this help you
-Luis

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniels, Doug [mailto:Doug.Daniels@GDC4S.Com]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 2:39 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Looking for a tool to graphically represent an ant.xml

I find that the most up to date ant visualization tool is:
Grand:Graphical Representation of ANt Dependencies
http://www.ggtools.net/grand/

I was wondering if anyone knows of a newer tool, or if anyone knows of
support for <ant..> and <antcall ..> listing as well, or even better if it
could read <for each> loops from the ant-contrib tasks. Vizant was a good
tool but its old now and doesn't work with the new 1.6 <import...>
statements in that you call targets with a ImportedFile.Target and Vizant
doesn't recognize that.

These visualaztion tools are pretty neat, but they'd be really slick if they
could visually display the hairy details of all the complicated targets used
in <import...> over riding and ant calls within a target. Maybe I should try
extending one of these projects...the beauty of open source.

~ Doug Daniels