ant-user mailing list archives

From hanasaki <hanas...@hanaden.com>
Subject ANT - subant task with directory ordering
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:05:00 GMT
The Ant docs say;
"
Note that the directories will be added to the build path in no
particular order, so if order is significant, one should use a file list
instead!
"

Could this be changed to be deterministic and based on the natural
ordering of the String class?

Why am I asking / suggesting this?  I have several directories that need
to be evaluated in order and wish to use the unix style:
	0100_name1
	0200_name2
that has proven very useful.  For a specific example of this, checkout
the Debian linux package for its Exim mail MTA.