ant-user mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@germane-software.com>
Subject Re: Looking for a tool to graphically represent an ant.xml
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:02:43 GMT
Doug,

I hadn't looked at the list for a few days and just saw your posting.
You might also look at Antelope. A feature request has been on the list
for some time to be able to show dependencies, that feature was
implemented in Antelope 3.0.5 and improved in 3.0.6. If you're not
familiar with Antelope, it can show a build file as a tree. Build files
imported with the <import> task or with entity includes are also shown
in the tree. Right clicking on a target in the tree shows a dependency
tree for that target, plus any <ant> or <antcall> (including relatives
from ant-contrib) are shown also. Clicking on any item in any of the
trees opens the appropriate file and moves the cursor to the source for
that item. There is no support for <foreach>, though.

Antelope is at http://antelope.tigris.org. Documentation for this
specific feature is at
http://antelope.tigris.org/nonav/docs/manual/bk01ch08.html.

Dale